I love to use Pinterest as my virtual bulletin board. As you might guess many of my pins are sewing related. Click here to see what fun stuff I've found and pinned to different sewing boards.

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Parlez Vous Wearing Ease - Moulage to Sloper and Back Again

                        

                     
Moulage (Blue Dots) To Sloper (Purple Lines)
And Back Again



1
2
3
4
5
6
7
Back
Drop 1/8”
-> shoulder ¼”
Raise 1/8” + -> ¼”
Out ½”
Out 5/8”
Out 3/8 – ½”
Out ½”
Front
Drop 1/2”
-> shoulder ¼”
Raise 1/8” + -> ¼”
Out 3/8”
Out 5/8”
Out 3/8 – ½”
Out ½”


I used my moulage pattern (blue dots) I created from Lynda Maynard's French Pattern Drafting class to draft my Damson Plumm Private Eye tee shirt. I used my sloper pattern (purple lines) to create the straight skirt pattern I'm using for a denim skirt I'm currently sewing.



1 (CF/CB)     
 2 (shoulder point –neck)       
3 (shoulder point – armhole side)       
 4 (midway armhole curve)       
5 (end of armhole below arm)     
 6 (armhole point to waist)    
7 (waist to full hip)

No comments:

Post a Comment