Click on this link in iTunes to download the 56'th, and other, episodes of the Enchanted by Sewing Audio Podcast
Or listen directly on the web by clicking on
I'm enchanted by silk.
* Pensamientos Primeros/First Thoughts: What is silk and where might it come from? Exploring an historic Japanese Minka Folk House.
* Technicos/Techniques – Furoshiki: A no-stitch creation from silk - Marriage of ancient Japanese practicality and art
* Pensamientos Finales/Final Thoughts – Dreaming of a Superfluity of Silks in the Alcaiceria Bazaar of Granda Spain - home to the Alhambra Palace
~ ~ ~ Resources !~ ~ ~
What was the fibula reference?
1) Pensamientos Primeros/First Thoughts - Links
Silk was one of the Animal Fibers in this exhibit, which I loved, at the Met
PUSH THE PLUS BUTTON to get more details
ALL OBJECTS shows pictures and text for all items in the exhibit
Other Two Parts of the "Secret Life..." Exhibit
Peace Silk/No Kill/Cruelty Free - I have not studied this. Feel free to post what you know
~ ~ ~
Continuado - The Minka House at Kew Gardens, England near Richmond, Easy Day trip from London
2) Furoshiki Sampling
Furoshiki: A folded bag
3) Pensamientos Finales - A Superfluity of Silks - The Alcaiceria, Granada Spain: